We are committed to protecting public safety, ensuring the safety of Department personnel, and providing proper care and supervision of all offenders under our jurisdiction while assisting their re-entry into society.
A safer community through excellence in a prison service built on respect for human dignity.
- Public Safety - We serve the public as a key element of the criminal justice system and endeavor to make a positive contribution to society.
- Leadership - We aspire to be positive role models and encourage others to excel.
- Integrity - We act lawfully, transparently, honestly, reliably, fairly, and ethically.
- Respect - We treat everyone with courtesy and respect and concern for their dignity, equality and human rights.
- Courage - We do what is right, even when confronted with adversity.
- Excellence - We conduct ourselves with distinction.
- Teamwork - We work together, forming effective partnerships with all stakeholders so that our performance benefits from a broad range of perspectives, insights and advice.
- Accountability - We are responsible to ourselves and others for our actions and decisions.