New Business Checklist
Starting a new business? We love to help new chamber-member businesses get started and to celebrate and publicize openings!
If you’re starting your own business and need a “To do” checklist, these tips may be helpful:
- Create a business plan.
- Do research on the type of business you want to open and consult with experienced professionals who are in similar lines of work.
- Learn what legal entity you must become. (Sole-proprietor, incorporated, partnership, etc.)
- Think of a business name.
- Contact the local paper, the Amador Ledger Dispatch to file a fictitious business name statement.
- Buy a business license in the city your business will reside in.
- Check with the county on zoning and ordinance requirements.
- Apply with the Employment Development Department for a state employer id number.
- Contact the IRS for a federal identification number.
- Contact the County Office for any additional permits or license requirements.
- Create a marketing and advertising plan.
- Create a financial forecast for opening a new business and a plan of action to support your business while its growing in the upcoming year.
- Make sure to buy insurance.
- Obtain a POS system or a method for accounting.
We’ll help you get the word out! Read more