We at the Amador County Chamber are pleased to help new chamber-member businesses celebrate and publicize openings! The ribbon cutting ceremony offers a special opportunity to meet key leaders in the Amador County community as well as your neighbors. This ceremony is conducted by the Chamber’s Directors and members, and is a benefit that is included with your membership.
What the Amador County chamber will do for you:
- List your event on the Chamber Website Calendar
- Publish a photo of your event in the Chamber Newsletter
- Provide the scissors and organize the event
- Create an event flyer for you to distribute
- Send an event photo to local papers
- Provide you with a complimentary photo of your event
What you should do to ensure a successful event:
- Contact the Chamber at 209-223-0350 at least 30 days in advance
- Fill our Ribbon Cutting request form
- Invite clients and friends
Ribbon cutting events may be scheduled for Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays between 10 am and 5 pm. For an extra fee, we can provide celebratory scissors, a commemorative photograph, and a local newspaper announcement.
These ceremonies require planning, so please contact us at least 30 days in advance at 209-223-0350.
If you’re starting your own business and need a “To do” checklist, these tips may be helpful.
- Create a business plan.
- Do research on the type of business you want to open and consult with experienced professionals who are in similar lines of work.
- Learn what legal entity you must become. (Sole-proprietor, incorporated, partnership, etc.)
- Think of a business name.
- Contact the local paper, the Amador Ledger Dispatch to file a fictitious business name statement.
- Buy a business license in the city your business will reside in.
- Check with the county on zoning and ordinance requirements.
- Apply with the Employment Development Department for a state employer id number.
- Contact the IRS for a federal identification number.
- Contact the County Office for any additional permits or license requirements.
- Create a marketing and advertising plan.
- Create a financial forecast for opening a new business and a plan of action to support your business while its growing in the upcoming year.
- Make sure to buy insurance.
- Obtain a POS system or a method for accounting.